Thursday, May 16, 2013

About the Artist

As I sit here thinking of how blessed I am to be pursuing my passion.I am reminded of the emotional lows and the inspiring high’s along the way.With moments of “ yes I understand’, and then moments of

“ I’m somehow not getting it”, I keep forging ahead. With no formal training, and a late start, I find that I am greatly appreciative of the opurtunity to spend the rest of my life developing my passion to capture a moment of truth and emotion from that deep well of life and the human spirit.And the endearing beauty of a dusty odject found in the corner , mingling with others and the story they tell through the light that reveals all form.

These thought’s are inspiring to me

“ Art must be an expression of love or it is nothing” Marc Chagall
“ Are we to paint whats on the face, whats inside the face, or whats behind it ?” Picasso
“ To be an artist is to believe in life” Henry Moore

I have pursued my path along the way through workshops with many inspiring master’s.Constantly delving deeply into study. And feel that I am now emerging, while I still have time to develop my artistic voice as that, with my original art.

~*~
_________________________________________________________________________________
                                                                                      
I am primarily  a “ Alla Prima “ Painter,  meaning (direct painting ) wet into wet. my  favorite  medium is oil., for its expounding abilities in the process of expressing my passion. I greatly love working from life and especially from the live model. This is my process whenever possible.

I have recently experimented with pan pastel, and also use pastel pencil and charcoal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment